Traffic Violations - DUI / DWI
Theresa M. Butler and William A. Simmons have been serving Maryland and Washington, D.C. in criminal, juvenile, traffic, auto accidents, wills, estates and divorce matters for over 30 years.
- Auto Insurance
- Driving Without a License
- Driving Without Insurance
- DUI / DWI
- MVA Hearings
- Reckless Driving
An alcohol-related driving offense, such as a DUI or a DWI, can be a scary experience. You are placed in handcuffs, arrested and driven to the police station in a squad car where another police officer asks you to blow into a machine to determine your blood alcohol level. After a few hours you are released from the station with a bunch of paperwork and no idea what your next step should be. You need a lawyer to guide you through the process.
William A. Simmons of Butler & Simmons, P.A. brings over 30 years of experience in successfully defending such matters in the local trial courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Mr. Simmons has the experience to evaluate your case, defenses and explain your options in a clear and non-threatening manner. Our firm reviews police procedures, the validity of the traffic stop, the sobriety test, and the arrest to ensure that your rights are protected. These driving offenses can carry serious consequences including, but not limited to a fine, court costs, points on your driving record and possibly time in jail. Serious traffic tickets, such as driving under the influence and driving while impaired, can have severe consequences that affect your life. You could lose your job if your license is suspended or revoked and you are unable to drive the company car or truck. Certain types of employment require you to have a valid commercial license as well as an ordinary drivers license.
Please consider the following possible consequences:
- Your punishment could include: a period of jail: a period of probation, with conditions that mandate sobriety; completion of a designated addiction program; and suspended jail time.
- The Motor Vehicle Administration may impose restrictions on when or for what purposes you are permitted to drive, and may even lead to a suspension of or a revocation of your driving privileges. Sometimes, a judge can order ignition interlock on your vehicle
- For repeat offenders, the consequences could escalate to more probation, more jail time, higher fines and a likely long period of suspension or revocation of your privilege to drive.
Our attorneys can help you by providing legal advice or representation at a free initial consultation. Call us for an appointment during which we will discuss your problem, the facts involved and your legal choices. 301-933-6400
Butler & Simmons, P.A., 12932 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20906, US | 301-933-6400
Copyright © 2017 - Butler & Simmons, P.A. Attorneys at Law