Theresa M. Butler and William A. Simmons have been serving Maryland and Washington, D.C. in Criminal, Juvenile, Traffic, Auto accidents, Elder Law, Guardianship, Wills, Trusts, Estates and Family Law matters for over 35 years.
Criminal defense attorney, William A. Simmons, brings 30 years of criminal law experience in successfully defending such matters in the local trial courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Whether representing you as a first-time offender for drugs or robbery or other serious crime, Mr. Simmons has the experience and knowledge to evaluate and vigorously defend your criminal case. Criminal charges, such as battery, drugs, theft, burglary, robbery, arson and sex offenses require an experienced and competent attorney to evaluate the State’s allegations, determine if evidence can be suppressed, prepare witnesses, and develop trial tactics. Our attorneys strive to answer questions in clear and understandable terms and through experience are able to convey to you the potential exposure to jail, or other risks, such as the sex offender registry or the effect a conviction could have on your immigration status.
- Pretrial Release is critical to anyone charged with a crime. Pretrial Release means you will be out of jail until the trial date. Our attorneys can help you at the initial bond hearing or subsequent hearing to convince a judge to consider setting your bond without money up front or a bond with terms more favorable to you.
- A trial may be the only reasonable solution for you to avoid a serious criminal conviction and be found not guilty.
- Your punishment could include a period of jail or probation with conditions that mandate sobriety; completion of a designated addiction program; and suspended jail time to encourage you to comply with potential terms of probation.
- Our attorneys can educate you regarding the probation process and represent you at a violation of probation hearing.
- Our attorneys are competent before juries as well as in trials before a Judge in Maryland and the Superior Court for the District of Columbia.
Our attorneys can help you by providing legal advice or representation at a free initial consultation. Call us for an appointment during which we will discuss your problem, the facts involved and your legal choices. 301-933-6400
Butler & Simmons, P.A., 12932 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20906, US | 301-933-6400
Copyright © 2017 - Butler & Simmons, P.A. Attorneys at Law